If the library has to be closed due to COVID-19 we will remain open virtually and there are certain services and resources you can access from your workplace or at home:
- Point of care tools like UpToDate and BMJ Best Practice are accessible from the Intranet homepage and if you have a personal account for these resources you can also access these from home. To register for a personal account click the link for each resource on the Intranet homepage and when directed register your details. You will then be able to access these resources remotely.
- ClinicalKey journals and ebooks are available with your OpenAthens username and password. If you do not have an account with OpenAthens we recommend you register for one at https://openathens.nice.org.uk/
- You can renew your books via the library catalogue (you will need to login with your SWIMS barcode and password first) and if the library is closed you can return your books via the large red return bin outside the library.
- If you need access to an article which isn’t available via your OpenAthens username and password we may be able to supply it to you. Request an article here
- We are still offering a limited literature search service – request a literature search here
- Face to face training is not available at the moment.
- You can still contact DCH Library in the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @DCHLib
Stay safe. Stay well. Stay connected.