This is what YOUR Library can do for YOU!
Library staff can:
- Help with enquiries.
- Do literature searches.
- Help you set up alerts in your chosen subject.
- Provide training in a range of subjects, including literature searching, reflective reading and writing and study skills
- Ask us about evidence alerts on your chosen topics using KnowledgeShare.
- Guidance on referencing
Most resources require you to have an OpenAthens account – Go to: https://openathens.nice.org.uk
- ClinicalKey is our platform for books and journals on all medical specialities
- NHS Evidence provides access to authoritative clinical and non-clinical evidence and best practice http://www.evidence.nhs.uk/
- A large collection of e-books
- Healthcare databases including Medline, CINAHL, Embase and BNI
View the SWIMS Catalogue: www.swims.nhs.uk
Find books, journals and e-books in all NHS libraries in the area.
You can renew your loans online with your library card number.
You can borrow books for 28 days (some are shorter loan periods). Renew books twice, in person, by phone or online at www.swims.nhs.uk.
Return books to the issue desk when staffed or the book return bin out of hours.
Complete a membership form to receive your SWIMS library card.
Use your card to borrow up to twelve books at a time. Your card is for your use only.
Tel. 01305 255248